San Francisco Neon
historic neon network
Cloth hardcover edition with 200+color photographs, extended neon notes section and neighborhood index. The fabulous Verdi Club is on the cover, one of the best neon signs in San Francisco.
$33 plus tax
Quick shipping in Continental US. Limit 2 per order.
Contact us for large orders or international shipping rates.
• Photographs by Al Barna and Randall Ann Homan. Plates include 10 photographs of lost iconic signs from the 1970s, and 200+ current color photographs
• San Francisco/photography essay by local award-winning travel writer Tom Downs
• Neon preservation essay by Eric Lynxwiler, neon sign art expert and board member of the Museum of Neon Art (MONA)
• Endnotes section with local stories, oral history, and rich details on 30+ legacy neon signs
• Index by neighborhood to give readers a sense of which neighborhoods still have clusters of neon, and which neighborhoods have lost all but one or two surviving signs
• Neon condition to give readers indication which signs are illuminated nightly, which signs need restoration, and which signs have been removed