San Francisco Neon
historic sign network
San Francisco Neon: Survivors and Lost Icons
(2014 Giant Orange Press)
Cloth hardcover third printing with 220+color photographs. Includes extended neon notes section and updated neighborhood index with sign condition for all surviving signs. This is the first hard-bound document of the best neon signs in San Francisco!
Special Offer for PastForward 2018
Contact us for larger or international orders.
• Photographs by Al Barna and Randall Ann Homan. Plates include 10 photographs of lost iconic signs from the 1970s, and 200+ current color photographs
• San Francisco/photography essay by local award-winning travel writer Tom Downs
• Neon preservation essay by Eric Lynxwiler, neon sign art expert and board member of the Museum of Neon Art (MONA)
• Endnotes section with local stories, oral history, and rich details on 30+ legacy neon signs
• Index by neighborhood to give readers a sense of which neighborhoods still have clusters of neon, and which neighborhoods have lost all but one or two surviving signs
• Neon condition to give readers indication which signs are illuminated nightly, which signs need restoration, and which signs have been removed
$18 + tax/priority shipping ($33 regular)
Limit 2 books per order